Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Life of Cho-Yeh Intern

Alright.....so i haven't blogged in a million years. Sorry to those of you who have have kept up with the blog! Well the reason i haven't blogged in a while is because of how busy i have been lately. As i have said previously i am now an intern at cho-yeh for the semester! Its been about a month and even though there are many days where i wish i was still in school right now, i love this job and i love what i am doing here. A lot of people have asked me what exactly we do here....well i will tell you :) Being and intern here we pretty much work with the retreats that come into camp all year round. We set up things for them and get there living spaces ready, we make sure they have everything they need while they are here like water and supplies, we lifeguard, belay, lead them in low ropes games and run paintball for them. We build relationships with them and make sure there stay here is awesome! Its a pretty exhausting job and we work all day, non-stop. But i love working here because of the people. I love meeting all these new people and getting to help them have fun and help them grow. Its amazing when we get feedback from the groups of how great of a time they had. Thats when the work is all worth it! So yeah thats basically what i have been doing for the past month!


If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it;but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.
 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
1 Corinthians 13:1-7


This is just a passage i've been really reflecting on lately....Just how important loving others is. How everything in our life is completely worthless and meaningless if we don't love others. All our work and all our knowledge will mean nothing in the end if we didn't take the time to truly love others and do everything out of love. And love is hard...its hard to love everyone and just look at what love consists of! patience, kindness, faithfulness, hopefulness, endurance....and its void of jealousy, rudeness, proudness and boastfulness! Thats not easy...but if we don't try then what was the meaning of everything we did in our life? So yeah thats just been a focus of mine, doing everything i do out of love for others, seeing others through loving eyes, its hard and its a struggle but life without love is meaningless and i don't know about you but i don't want my life to be meaningless!

No comments:

Post a Comment