Thursday, July 29, 2010

Upcoming Adventures

"Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things are.  Joy is not necessarily what happens when things unfold according to our plans."

(So i decided to start this blog because there has been so many changes in my life and so many people in my life that don't know about any of it so i thought it would be easier to just create a blog to explain!)

All i can say is that this past year has been filled with changes. From moving to virgina to college to working at cho-yeh it all has truly been an adventure. But God is not done with my adventures yet! My father has recently lost his job. My mom trys to act like everything is okay but i can tell that we are struggling financially until my dad can find a new job. He has sent out many applications for many different things and has only gotten one interview from a company in california. This whole situation has made me think about my future. Earlier this summer i had debated whether or not i wanted to return to ocu for many reasons that would take to long to explain here. Talking to my parents about it i decided i would look for a cheaper school for me to attend to make it easier but of course it is to late to transfer anywhere. I think that i have decided that it would be best for me to take a semester off to just take time to think of what i really want to do/where i want to go. Also this would be a good time for me to get a job and earn money to help support my family. Its so crazy to think that i won't be going to a school next semester and i don't think i've accepted the fact because this has all happened so fast. I don't even know where we will be living next semester so i can't even begin to imagine what i will be doing. In a way it's kind of exciting not knowing where i'm going to end up. I trust that God has a great plan for me that he will reveal in his own time. Sometimes i wish he would reveal it a little faster and when i want it to but i know thats not going to happen and thats probably a good thing!

I have so many emotions happening to me at this point in my life. I'm so sad about not going back to my friends at ocu. You guys where so great and always there for me when i needed you and it's going to be hard not coming back and seeing you next semester. I'm worried about my family and what is going to happen to us and where we are going. I'm scared because i won't be surrounded by close friends anymore who were always there for me. This will truly be a test of my strength and my faith in God. I know that we will get through this  and i'm determined to keep the joy alive in my life right now! Thank you to all of you who have been praying for me and my family! It really means a lot and i can't thank you enough for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment